Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

American Playground

American Playground is named for the American Manufacturing Company, the second-largest industrial employer in Brooklyn in the early 20th century, and the original owner of this plot of land. Founded in 1890, the American Manufacturing Company produced rope and bagging. According to an article that appeared in the Brooklyn Eagle on April 19, 1919, it was the “largest cordage concern in the world.” The company occupied a five-block complex along Franklin Street, and its buildings still stand adjacent to the park.

Cross Streets
Franklin St. bet. Milton St. and Noble St.
Facilities

Basketball Courts, Bathrooms, Handball Courts, Playgrounds, Spray Showers