Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

Bedford Playground

Located on the southeast corner of Bedford Avenue and South 9th Street, this playground takes its name from the avenue running along its west side. The term Bedford has three possible origins. English settlers may have used the name in tribute to the Duke of Bedford, or for Bedfordshire County in England. Since the area was first settled by the Dutch in 1662, the word Bedford might also be an Anglicized form of the Dutch word Bestevaar, a Dutch translation of a Native American word meaning “old men,” or “place where old men meet.”

Cross Streets
Bedford Ave. bet. S. 9 St. and Division Ave.
Facilities

Basketball Courts, Bathrooms, Handball Courts, Playgrounds, Spray Showers