Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

Carver Playground

Carver Playground was named in honor of George Washington Carver (1864-1943), famed African-American educator and agricultural researcher. Born in the Missouri town of Diamond, he, his mother, and his older brother were the only slaves of the Carver family. As an infant, Carver’s mother disappeared, likely at the hands of slave raiders, and he and his brother were raised free by the Carver family. Carver had an active mind as a child and displayed an early interest in plants, a liking that foreshadowed his later mastery of agriculture and farming techniques.

Cross Streets
Sumpter St. to Marion St. between Howard Ave. and Ralph Ave.
Facilities

Basketball Courts, Bathrooms, Handball Courts, Playgrounds