Situated on the northeast corner of 38th Street and Dahill Road, Dome Playground is named in honor of community activists Charles (1904-1984) and Jessie Dome (1904-1987). Long-time residents of Borough Park, Brooklyn, the Domes devoted themselves to improving their community. Charles Dome served on Community Board 12 and was the founding member and first chairman of the Roosevelt Democratic Club. He also had the honor of serving as a presidential elector. Charles Dome’s service was not limited to politics, however; he served on the Board of Trustees of Temple Emmanu-El in Borough Park. Jessie Dome worked as a teacher in the New York City Public School system for 35 years. For over 15 years, she also volunteered at Maimonides Hospital. With her husband, Jessie Dome attended Temple Emmanu-El in Borough Park, where she was a member of the synagogue’s Sisterhood. The Domes were married for over 50 years and raised two sons.
Basketball Courts, Fitness Equipment, Handball Courts, Playgrounds