Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

East Flatbush Children's Park

This playground is named for the East Flatbush community, and for the old Dutch town of Flatbush, settled in 1652 as one of the six original towns of Brooklyn. The name comes from the Dutch word vlackebos, meaning “wooded plain.” Farmland dominated the area until the 1920s, when the Interborough Rapid Transit (IRT) lines created a crucial link between Brooklyn and Manhattan. Present day East Flatbush consists of several smaller neighborhoods such as Remsen Village, Rugby, Wingate, Farragut, and Erasmus.

Cross Streets
E. 94 St. bet. Rutland Rd. and E. New York Ave.
Facilities

Playgrounds