Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software

McLaughlin Park

This park is named for Hugh McLaughlin, Jr. (1823-1904), a local civic leader with tremendous influence in Brooklyn politics and in the religious life of his community. He was the youngest of ten children born to Irish immigrants who arrived in Brooklyn early in the nineteenth century. McLaughlin began his career as a fishmonger and later became the master foreman at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in Fort Greene. A devout Catholic as well as an astute businessman, McLaughlin eventually amassed a fortune through successful real estate speculation.

Cross Streets
Jay St., Bridge St. bet. Tillary St. and Cathedral Pl.
Facilities

Basketball Courts, Bathrooms, Fitness Equipment, Handball Courts, Playgrounds, Spray Showers