Dyker Heights is one of a handful of Dutch-influenced place names in Brooklyn. Dutch settlers bought land in the area from the Canarsee Indians as early as 1639. By 1657 the area was annexed as part of New Utrecht, one of the six original Dutch towns that later joined as Brooklyn. Waves of immigrants made their homes here—they arrived from Scandinavia in the 19th century, from Ireland and Italy in the early 20th century, and from China, Italy, and the former Soviet Union in more recent years.
Basketball Courts, Handball Courts, Playgrounds