The Sheepshead Bay area experienced great economic growth at the turn of the 20th century. Following the success of the Sheepshead Bay Racetrack (1880-1915), located between Nostrand Avenue and Knapp Street, the Whitney family purchased it and converted it into the Sheepshead Bay Speedway (1915-1919). Although very successful, Henry Paine Whitney (1872-1930) sold the track in 1919 to the Joseph Day Real Estate Company to pay off gambling debts. The Real Estate Company then subdivided the area and sold parcels to various contractors who developed housing between 1919 and 1922. The developers named their streets for themselves. This street and playground was named for a developer named Haring.
Basketball Courts, Bathrooms, Handball Courts, Playgrounds, Spray Showers